Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

The front gard on my town and country van got hit by coon…

The front gard on...

The front gard on my town and country van got hit by coon tore off gard, will this cause the engine light to come on or cause heat sensor unit to mess up

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

No stalling have hum and it suggested heat sensor the engine light is on is all and it heats up after a few miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Town and Country?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just tried driving it to town to have mechanic look at it but keeps over heating after a few miles and afraid to drive it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This started after I hit coon and husband tore off the gard there is a wire hanging down and the inside esp dose not work ( shows milage, temp ect)

7/6/2018
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

I suspect sensor wiring may be damaged causing the check engine light. The overheat can be caused by the guard being off as that is used to help direct airflow to cool the engine. There are many models that use the under guard to help cool the engine and if it is damaged or missing this will occur.

You will have to have all wiring checked for any issues to see if any wiring needs to be repaired. You will also need to have a new guard installed to help keep the engine cool and you will also need to have the engine checked over to make sure nothing else was damaged.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

Pete, Technician