Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Blower fan motor will not blow on my 2008 chevrolet cobalt i…

Blower fan motor will...

Blower fan motor will not blow on my 2008 chevrolet cobalt i donot know which fuse under the hood go to it or the one in the in side go to it

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cobalt yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replace the relay and the resistor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I run wire from batter to fan to see if it work and it work that way

7/5/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Hi there! My name is Mike. The site will be promoting a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

There are a few fuses to check. Start with the fuse in the fuse box under the hood labeled BCM3.

Inside the car you want to look at the fuses numbered 10 and 16.

Check these out and let me know.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help and earn a 5 star rating from you.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and membership questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not see a BCM3 I cannot locate fuse 10 and 16 could you send me a diagram where they are

I need some time to try and locate the diagrams so please bear with me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still do not see the fuse BCm3 my
Fuse box under the hood say Azeele or he be a little different in the diagram you sent me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is AUX B

What size engine do you have in the car? Maybe that's a factor here.

Can you upload a pic of the legend on the cover of the box?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where do I send it

You should have a paperclip icon on the tool bar, you can use that to upload the file.

Also, please let me know the engine size.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Engine size is a 3.8

I am not showing this model yr with a 3.8L V6, can you double check the model for me?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that is it 3.8 L V6 it was running good I drove it home and parked it cut it off in about an hour later try to crank it it would not ruin it cranks

I am going to open this question back up for the other experts.

I am not sure, but I am not finding a cobalt with the V6 for this year, so it's got to be a different model or a different year. Of course this would completely explain the fuse boxes looking different.

Good luck to you with this.

Please don't post a reply to me or rate this or the other experts won't see it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It a 1999
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is not a cobalt it is a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix I do not know how you got the information cobalt ***** *****d of the cobalt probably do yesterday
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is somebody helping me
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

new expert

do you still need help??

Roy

automatic climate control or manual controls??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey Roy this is Joseph yes I still need help I hate it I have a 1999 pony eight Grand Prix it was running good yesterday I drove it home and parked it eight hours later I tried to start it it cranks but it will not run I check the few that spot close far is good I got I got far oh man injectors
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a 1999 pGrand Ppointac ix

ok, good. at least we have the correct vehicle.

can you check the fuel pressure?? can you hear it run with the key on??

spark, have you checked for spark to the plugs??

is the check engine light on with any codes??

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Automatic
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is a 1999 pony eight Grand Prix it cranks but will not run I checked the fine on the spot plugs I checked the fine on the injectors I checked the phone for the crankshaft sensor I got fat everywhere but it cranks I will not run

fuel pressure is next.

do you hear it run with key on??

you can rent a pressure tester at a parts store. the tap is on the fuel rail on the rear side towards the back of the motor.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey Roy this is Joseph about a month ago I put a brand new fuel pump and brand new fuel filter on this car it was running good yesterday morning I drove it home part in the yard went back out to start hit a cranks but will not run I checked the fire on the injectors I checked the firing for the crankshaft sensors I checked the fire on the spark plug it showing that it has fuel in the rails I push the valve in and feel will shoot out the rails but it just will not run this is a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8 L V6
it has the fire at the place in it need to run but it will not run just crank
hepl

did you check and see if the wire back to the PCM from the injectors is flashing with a test light to indicate it is being commanded to allow fuel into the cylinder??

try spraying some starting fluid into the air filter and see if it starts and stalls out.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sir I sure did and I spray some starting fluid in it but it still will not bust off that's what got me confused about it it was not making any noise as though I was having timing chain problem
its a hard one for me

does the tach move up a little on the dash when you crank the engine??

can you do a compression test to be sure it is not the timing chain??

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the tach moves up a little bit on the dash it Act if it trying to bust off I also put a temperature sensor in it as well
????

ok, then there is a signal from the crank sensor to the PCM>

back to compression. can you test the compression??

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would go to the parts store and rent a compressor and come back and check it and get back in touch with you
-----------.

ok, sounds good.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better so the site will pay me for my efforts. You can always ask follow up questions.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey Roy is it Joseph the car it has compression but it's not fine on the compression that it should feel like it after the compression then it fires
it not good

what is the compression???

any update?

do you still need help??

Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest