Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
1996 town car: starts easily..motor shuts down..possible solution
Fordanswerman
Fordanswerman, Ford Senior Master Technician retired
1996 town car--starts easily but as soon as I put it in gear, motor shuts down. Will not start again for quite a while. Can you suggest the cause and possible solution? TKS… read more
94 lincoln town car: Engine turns..the in tank fuel pump..trunk
Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Engine turns over and begins to fire then shuts down. I replaced the in tank fuel pump and filter and checked the reset in the trunk . 94 lincoln towncar… read more
1992 rodeo: v6 it turns over but no fuel, also fuel pump is kicking
brownjeff
brownjeff, Associate Degree
I have a 1992 rodeo v6 it turns over but no fuel, also fuel pump is kicking in, is there a sensor that will shut the gas off… read more
1990 montero: wont start..Im guessing..the fuel pump located
Jerry, Master Mechanic
I have a 1990 montero and it turns over but won't start. I'm guessing it is a fuel pump. Where is the fuel pump located. ALso, where is the fus box on this beast?… read more
I can't get it to start. I have replaced fuel pump, fuel
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
I can't get it to start. I have replaced fuel pump, fuel pressurization valve. It will turn over, but won't start. The security light goes off when I put the key in so it is not immobilization. Fuel p… read more
I change the fuel Pump .I start the truck it turns over wants
Matt, Engineer
I change the fuel Pump .I start the truck it turns over wants to run but dies like it not getting gas I got gas after the fuel filter. I get it at the fuel ring . All the fuses are good I took the das… read more
Fails to start when turning over it will start for a split
Dan, Dealership Technician
fails to start when turning over it will start for a split second and stalls like it doesn't have fuel … read more
2000 grand marguis no start replace fuel pump and filter
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
2000 grand marguis no start replace fuel pump and filter still no start will turn over if I spray starting fuel in the intake it will start for a couple minutes can I have a bad crank sensor ? … read more
My G35 Turns Over But Will Not Start And The Fuel Pump Will
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
My G35 Turns Over But Will Not Start And The Fuel Pump Will Not Prime … read more
i have a 2002 freelander , it just shut down , the engine
Jerry, Master Mechanic
i have a 2002 freelander , it just shut down , the engine turns over , but it would not start. it seems like its not getting fuel if its the fuel pump where is the location ? is it on the the inside o… read more
Buick Park Avenue: throttle position sensor, the egr..Control module
John, MASTER AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
My Buick Park Avenue starts well but shuts itself down immediately. I have replaced the fuel pump, the computer and EPROMS, the throttle position sensor, the EGR, and Control Module DR124. The problem… read more
Will turn over will not start due to fuel pump not turning
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
Will turn over will not start due to fuel pump not turning on. … read more
Driving down..road..I changed out the fuel pump and the fuel filter
Dan, Auto Technician
My s-10 shuts off while driving down the road. I changed out the fuel pump and the fuel filter. I have to turn the ignition off then on. to start it back up only to have it run 1000'' ... Is it the fu… read more
2003 kia optima: crank..fuel pump relay..the air filter..gas tank
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
I have a 2003 kia optima that will turn over but will not crank. I have changed the fuel pump, the fuel pump relay, and checked the fuel fitler and the air filter in the gas tank. I still am not getti… read more
Fuel pump..fuses..air compressor, )the door locks wont work either
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
no spark and the fuel pump wont work I have checked all fuses and connections motor turns over but no fire all electrical equipment works(windows,radio,lights,air compressor, )the door locks wont work… read more
honda accord: engine turns over but doesnt start..hear fuel pump
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
I have a 95' honda accord in which engine turns over but doesn't start? Don't hear fuel pump? Is there a fuel shut off switch and where is it located??… read more
98 kia sportage: engine turns..wont start..relays..fuses
Rich
Rich, Technician
i have a 98 kia sportage the engine turns over but it wont start i have replaced the fuel pump andand fuel pump relays all fuses are good any sugestions richard… read more
Check valve..the fuel pump and fuel injector fuses and the
Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, GM Service Training
I have replaced my fuel pump,the car will turn over but not start. There is no fuel up to the check valve located up on the motor. I have checked the fuel pump and fuel injector fuses and the appear t… read more