Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
93 Mercury Cougar: Blower motor..signals..All the fuses check..swapped
Roadside Jerry
Roadside Jerry, Auto Expert on Just Answer
I have a 93 Mercury Cougar and after the car sits for a couple days when I start it the Blower motor and directional signals do not work. If I turn the blower on high and restart the vehicle then they… read more
2011 f150 ecoboost. When it sits overnight and i start it,
Andrew
Andrew, Level A Technician
2011 f150 ecoboost. When it sits overnight and i start it, it makes a grinding type noise that sounds like it's coming from under neath the truck. … read more
its position and its between the two front seats i believe
CarQuestionGuy
CarQuestionGuy, auto mechanic
In the last couple of days my car as started to produce a crackling-creeking noise. Kind of like a crushed water bottle. I think i located its position and its between the two front seats i believe. I… read more
1999 Jeep Cherokee SE: 000 miles..sits..It drives just fine..misfiring
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Owner of LJ Auto Repair 37 years
I have a 1999 Jeep Cherokee SE, just under 140,000 miles. I have noticed just in the last couple of days a noise when it sits idle, as well as when I drive. It drives just fine, doesn't seem like it i… read more
2005 forenza: rattling noise..started car..parking lot..be towed home
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
2005 forenza susuki- heard like a rattling noise when i started car the last couple days. went out to store was tturning into parking lot and car just cut off and i had to be towed home. what would ma… read more
Jeep: days ago, while sitting on the driveway..starter..disconnect
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Owner
A couple of days ago, while sitting on the driveway, our Jeep's starter began turning over the engine on it's own with the ignition in the off position. No key in the ignition. The only way to stop th… read more
2004 sebring: convertable..car wouldnt start..Jumped..10 minutes
Derrick
Derrick, Associate Degree
I have a 2004 sebring convertable. The car wouldn't start in the morning after sitting a couple days. Jumped it, started and ran for 10 minutes and then it died. I thought it was the alternator, I cha… read more
40,000 miles and the engine makes a ticking noise like a lifter
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
I have a 2007 CX7 with 40,000 miles and the engine makes a ticking noise like a lifter or something… read more
2000 ELDORADO: SOUNDED..lifter NOISE WHEN FIRST STARTED..LOUDER..ROD
Rexcars27
Rexcars27, Bachelor's Degree
2000 ELDORADO SOUNDED LIKE LIFTER NOISE WHEN FIRST STARTED IN MORNING FOR ABOUT A YEAR KNOW THE THE NOISE IS LOUDER AND CONSATNT AND LOSS OF POWER AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT THROWN A ROD… read more
Sitting in frigid temps a couple of days, not driven and
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
Sitting in frigid temps a couple of days, not driven and engine not started for about a week. Someone wanted to start car for me yesterday in single digit temps I said to wait until Wed. as temps will… read more
2006 Lincoln Town Car: that sounds like lifter rattle..cylinders
Tim Mohr, SHOP OWNER
I have a 2006 Lincoln Town Car. Recently it has developed a noise in the engine that sounds like lifter rattle. The noise is consistent with all cylinders being affected as opposed to only one. It run… read more
2011 Honda Pilot 3.5l. 132,000 miles Noise can be heard when
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician
2011 Honda Pilot 3.5l. 132,000 milesNoise can be heard when the engine is running it sounds like it is in the top end rather than the bottom end of the engine. No codes in the computer. Common cause /… read more
car sometimes will not start after sitting a day or two days
Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, Automotive College
car sometimes will not start after sitting a day or two days then the next time it might start. sometimes when it starts it runs fine other times it runs rough and somtimes it starts 3 days in a row a… read more
SITTING..I STARTED IT, IT WAS MISFIRING AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS
james
james, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I HAD JUST PICKED THE CAR UP AFTER 14 DAYS OF SITTING, AND WHEN I STARTED IT, IT WAS MISFIRING AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS FLASHING.… read more
Sitting..leaking coolant..drive home..I noticed my car was overheating
Eric, Retired
One day at work my car was sitting in the hot sun. I noticed it was leaking coolant. On my drive home that day I noticed my car was overheating. I refilled the coolant. It continued to leak, and the o… read more
Engine has a little over 70,000 miles on a complete rebuild.
William B
William B, Associate Degree
1984 380SL. Car sounds like a threshing machine when started after sitting for a few days. Engine has a little over 70,000 miles on a complete rebuild. I don't know but believe that it probably has th… read more
2005 elantra: engine starts..car is idling..noise stops..slip
Chris Gast
Chris Gast, Technician
I have a 2005 elantra, when the engine is hot the engine starts making a noise like "ticktickticktick" when the car is idling. However,when I push the clutch all the way in the noise stops,when I rele… read more
stay started..smoke comes out the back of the car.and it smells
jackduppel
jackduppel, Co-Owner
when i try to start the car in the morning or when its been sitting for a couple of hrs i have to press on the gas in order for it to stay started but then alot of smoke comes out the back of the car.… read more