Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have model 34788 recovery machine. internal tank is full…

Customer Question
I have model 34788...

I have model 34788 recovery machine. internal tank is full and will not allow me to recover a system. i have an empty source tank can i transfer freon to it

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes im an Auto tech in a shop and this holding me up

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Car
5/31/2018
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

From what I see on this machine it says you must perform a charge process into a vehicle before you can recover anymore when using this machine with the message "Tank Full" If the tank is full of the correct freon you may be able to use it as the source tank and use the empty tank as the fill tank. But I don't see a way or procedure to actually transfer freon from the full tank to the source tank. If this is not what your asking here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

i will have to remove the internal tank

My info shows it needs to recharge a vehicle to remove some of the freon from it. I do not see unfortunately on this model how it can be removed and replaced with anther Internal tank. You can, however, adjust the fill amount of the internal tank. Below is how this is done. You may be able to bump it up to 17 pounds and then use the machine but other then this it looks like you need to discharge the freon in the tank into a vehicle before it will accept any more.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hao1ueqkybgruqy/tank-05-31.pdf?dl=0

Here are the complete instructions for this model:

http://www.robinair.com/sites/default/files/539602_Eng.pdf

You can also contact Robinair tech support and they may have some ideas of how to empty that tank to get it to work.

TECH SERVICES(###) ###-####/p>

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed. Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete