Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

The car is a 2006 Mini S. It has beenleaking oil. The car…

Customer Question
The car is a...

The car is a 2006 Mini Cooper S. It has beenleaking oil. The car drives great, no sounds, no smoke from tail pipe. We found that whoever did an oil change did not tighten up the bolts. I believe that someone either didn't put something on right or forgot to replace something. The car did not run hot. It's not pouring oil just a leak, but I would like to get it stopped. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

No, we actually just got the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

No , unless my son-in-law can check these things out and if he can fix it he would. Or we would have to take it to a mechanic. What should he look for?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car has about 54,000 to 56,000 thousand miles. I'm just hoping that it will not cost a lot to get it fixed. With everything working really good I feel like it's just something that will not cost a lot. But then I could be wrong.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2018
Auto Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 2 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

where it leaking oil from did you check to make sure the drain plug is tight? did you check to make sure the oil filter in tight?

No, but someone will check it.Let me ask you a question. Would you mind calling my son-in-law. He knows somethings about cars but I think you could really help him out. He may not have thought about some of these things. His name is Weylin & his cell number is(###) ###-#### I would really appreciate it. Or could I give him your number and he can call you?

we are not allowed to make personal calls or receive them, the phone call request must go through the site

O.k. if you can let me know what we need to do or check, that will really help.

Ive already explained what to check. and I need to know where the leak is coming from? the top of the engine, the bottom, the valve covers? the oil filter housing the front main seal area? the rear main seal area?

OK I'll get my son to check it out and I'll get back with you as soon as I know. Shouldn't take long.

Ok, Ill be here

OK David, we were able to check the top & the oil is not coming from there. And Tammy did say they know it's on the left side of the car. It's raining here so we are going to have to wait for a while.

okOk, Ill be here

We found out what the problem was. Be fixed tomorrow evening.

ok

wheres the leak coming from?

David, the car has been fixed, and is running fine. Thanks for your help.

that's very good to hear. Please note that customer satisfaction and getting your issue taken care of is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cancel this please
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want this canceled
Auto Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago

yep