Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2010 Bentley GTC Convertible has a roof fault warning. Roof…

Customer Question
2010 Bentley GTC Convertible...

2010 Bentley GTC Convertible has a roof fault warning. Roof will not open.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't ried anything

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Car
5/27/2018
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This indicates that the roof computer has detected a fault with one of its roof components. This is usually or most likely a roof position sensor/switch sending a false signal on what position the roof is in. This will disable the roof from operating and will also display the warning you see.

What has to be done from here is to have a fully compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicles data port that can read all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set. Once this is done there will be at least one fault code set. That code then needs to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.

In some cases, the scan tool is used to monitor the roof sensors and switches to locate the faulty sensor needing to be replaced.

But most common is usually a roof position sensor sending an incorrect signal on the position of the roof. There are several of these sensors so the codes do need read out to help identify which is the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete