Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
smell the coolant..there is white smoke that come out of the vents.
Bill
Bill, mechanic
my defroster is not working and you can smell the coolant. there is white smoke that come out of the vents. please advise… read more
Overheated..white smoke was pouring out, coolant spilling..blow
Sparkybuoy
Sparkybuoy, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
My teenage daughter is sitting by the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. Her car overheated, battery light came on, white smoke was pouring out, coolant spilling over before she turned it off. … read more
Mazda Protege: overheating..coolant starts bubbling and boiling.
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
Our Mazda Protege is overheating and we tried adding coolant, etc. The coolant starts bubbling and boiling. Any thoughts what this could be?… read more
Gaskets..white smoke started coming out of the exhaust and the coolant
Dean
Dean, Service Manager/Lead Technician
I just spent over 1,200 dollars having gaskets put in my car because the coolant was mixing in with the oil. The mechanic told me it was worth fixing my car because the rest of the engine looked good.… read more
Overheating..fluids..White smoke is also coming out of the exhaust
BILL
BILL, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 1997 Eagle Talon. It is overheating and I just replaced the thermostat and the fluids. White smoke is also coming out of the exhaust. What do you think is wrong?… read more
hyundai accent: there was white smoke coming out of the rear..coolant
Davo
Davo, Master Auto Tech/manager of auto shop
97' hundai accent- i was driving yesterday and there was white smoke coming out of the rear. there was a bunch of smoke Optional Information: 1997 Hyundai accent 4-clinder Already Tried: checked the o… read more
2001 Buick Century: Engine overheating but with out loss of coolant.
JOHN
JOHN, High School or GED
2001 Buick Century. Engine overheating but with out loss of coolant. Coolant does boil up into reservior. This only occurs when engine is idling and/or driving at low speed. Once on the freeway, tempe… read more
1983 buick regal: v6..white smoke coming..push in breather cap
Michael
Michael, Work Equip. Repair Foreman
i have a 1983 buick regal v6 and i'm getting some white smoke coming from the engine... i've been having carb problems (bogging down when put in gear) i put some carb cleaner in today and it's still s… read more
White smoke coming from exhaust when driving? why coolant is leaking
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
what is white smoke coming from exhaust when driving? why coolant is leaking from left side of car?… read more
Ford focus: it is blowing out white smoke..tapping..cap
HDGENE
HDGENE, auto mechanic
I have a ford focus 2002 and it is blowing out white smoke from the tailpipe. It's not over heating but it is tapping where the oil goes, under the cap. The oil dip stick smells a bit like gas. I don'… read more
2002 Chevy: white smoke out of exhaust, keeps pressure..cap..block
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
Am working on a 2002 Chevy Duramax, Problem is white smoke out of exhaust, keeps pressure on coolent system for 3 days unless i remove radaitor cap, also alot of bubbles in resovior, Have done block t… read more
There is white smoke that comes out of the exhaust..hill..shifting
Tech501
Tech501, Lead Technician
There is white smoke that comes out of the exhaust every so often. (Sometimes so bad the car behind is left in a cloud of white smoke) Mainly when going up a hill or turning left. It takes a little ti… read more
1985 cadillac seville: overheating..the engine coolant is bubbling
Kenny
Kenny, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 1985 cadillac seville..The car is overheating and the engine coolant is bubbling. What do you think the problem is?… read more
1992 Acura Legend: throws white smoke when i drive
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
my 1992 Acura Legend throws white smoke when i drive. it happened when i turned the aire condition but now it smokes alot without the air.… read more
When running has white smoke coming from the exhaust and coolant
Jerry, Master Mechanic
When running has white smoke coming from the exhaust and coolant can be smelt. There is a loss of coolant. It has 220 000kms and has had regular services. … read more
1997 Camry: kinda a lot of white smoke on start up..coolant
ase_master327
ase_master327, Owner & Student
I have a 1997 Camry I just bought and then noticed kinda a lot of white smoke on start up. Oil looks absolutely clean and so does coolant. Thoughts? Am I in trouble here?… read more
water pump..thermastat..pushes coolant out of rezevor is the cap maybe
Steve
Steve, Service Manager/ Technician
i thought it was water pump then fan then thermastat but i replased them all and it still pushes coolant out of rezevor is the cap maybe?… read more
White smoke is coming out the exhaust, and the truck starts..sputters
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
My truck's engine is shaking and white smoke is coming out the exhaust, and the truck starts up, but then sputters and turns off.… read more