Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
The ignition key is stuck in my 2016 GMC Terrain. The
Tim Mohr, SHOP OWNER
The ignition key is stuck in my 2016 GMC Terrain. The battery is new, so it is not a battery issue. I have tried moving the steering wheel a bit to see is that helps, but no. The key will not come out… read more
We have a 1999 Mazda Miata. We go out of town for 6 month
Kevin
Kevin, workshop foreman /master tech/mot tester
We have a 1999 Mazda Miata. We go out of town for 6 month periods and leave the Miata here. Should I remove the battery while I'm gone to preserve the life of the battery? Or does it matter at all if … read more
my garage with the battery attached to a trickle charger
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
I go to Florida for 6 months. Is it safe to leave my car in New York State in my garage with the battery attached to a trickle charger for this length of time. Is there a fire danger or cvan the batte… read more
how often should you check adjustment of car headlights every 6 months, once year, or l
tripletauto
tripletauto, Shop Foreman
how often should you check adjustment of car headlights every 6 months, once year, or longer?… read more
Battery on 2003 Range Rover is dead after leaving lights on..open door
jazzmaster
jazzmaster, LEAD AUTO TECH
Battery on 2003 Range Rover is dead after leaving lights on. Unable to open door with key, how do we get in?… read more
battery died because we havent driven the car..disconnect
Ron Z.
Ron Z., Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
the battery died because we haven't driven the car in three months, how do I disconnect the battery?… read more
2004 Crossfire: there isnt an owners manual..garage
Expert, auto mechanic
We just purchased a 2004 Crossfire but there isn't an owners manual. How do you program the garage door opener?… read more
1997 Isuzu Trooper: transmission replace twice in the last 6 months
Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, Lead Technician
We have a 1997 Isuzu Trooper. We have had the transmission replace twice in the last 6 months it is now bad again do you have any idea what is causing the transmission to burn up… read more
99 s80: Volvo..the terminal where we jump the negative cable..screw
Philip
Philip, Service Tech
I have a 99 s80 Volvo and when I went to start my car the battery was dead. We replaced the battery 6 months ago so we know it is not the battery. However when we went to jump the car the wire that is… read more
2004 Saab: battery for the mirror buttons..garage..it needed replacing
Mark N
Mark N, Saab Master Technician
How do you replace the battery for the mirror buttons that operate garage door openers in 2004 Saab 9-5? It must be a button battery? "Alert" informed me it needed replacing but cannot locate it.… read more
My battery ran down in my 2003 Range rover hse..unlock..hood
GENE
GENE, service manager/lead technician
My battery ran down in my 2003 Range Rover HSE, from it setting in the garage for a month. How do I unlock it to get inside to open the hood to recharge the battery.… read more
Juan crespo , how do I reach you so we can continue our
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Sr. Technician
Juan crespo , how do I reach you so we can continue our conversation on my 95 6.5 td diesel suburban… read more
2006 gmc yukon: garage..the built in button on the overhead console
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
how do i program my garage door opener in my 2006 gmc yukon. you know, the built in button on the overhead console… read more
Saab: keyless entry..car to release the hood to check the battery
GMTechBernard
GMTechBernard, Owner / Technician
We have a Saab and the keyless entry will not work. How do you get into the car to release the hood to check the battery when this happens???… read more
Porsche boxster: restart..2003 model..sitting..the bonnet is opened
ikiaguy
ikiaguy, TEAM LEADER
how do i restart my 2003 model porsche boxster? its been sitting for 4 months , the battery is dead so i cant start it and i cant get access to the battery as the bonnet is opened electronically. what… read more
2002 GMC Sonoma: I get access to the battery side low beam
Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, GM Service Training
how do I get access to the battery side low beam in my 2002 GMC Sonoma so I can replace it?… read more
2003 gmc yukon denali: you deactivate the daytime running lights..HID
nick
nick, High School or GED
How do you deactivate the daytime running lights so I can put it upgraded HID lights on a 2003 gmc yukon denali… read more
GM: cyl..Pulley..you get the A/C hoses ( tubes) off the compressor
AutoDoc
AutoDoc, Shop Owner
How do you get the A/C compressor OFF a GM 3800 6 cyl. engine? WE removed the three studs that seem to hold it on (located right behind the Pulley), but it doesn't want to move aqlso how do you get th… read more