Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I want to know which grade of engine ould is best for my…

Hi i want to...

Hi i want to know which grade of engine ould is best for my honda civic hybrid 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Auto and its 72000kms

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just want to know about oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/24/2018
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
What part of the country do you live? I ask this because temperatures will have an effect on the proper oil viscosity to use.Chris
I live in sydney
Okay give me a few minutes to research this. I will be right back.Chris
Ok
Ok, the 2012 Civic Hybrid needs to use 0W-20 synthetic oil, and the capacity is just shy of 4 U S quarts. About 3.7 quarts.
I hope that this information helps.Chris
can you tell me about my other car honda accrod euro2008
Sure! Be back asap.
Which engine do you have in your Accord?
Its 2.4
Ok, 5W20 is the oil you want to use in that engine. Conventional is fine, but synthetic is ok.
I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system or by accepting my answer ? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.Thank you!
Chris
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Thank you for accepting my answer! I will leave this session open for a few days just in case you have any follow up questions.Chris
I am here if you need further assistance.Chris