Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have had so many things repaired on my 2008Range Rover yet…

Customer Question
I have had so...

I have had so many things repaired on my 2008Range Rover yet the check engine light keeps coming back on. The last two thigs were head gaskets and fuel pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on. The dealer put it on the machine and can't find anything. Needless to say, I am very wary driving it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Range Rover 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?

No.. I am not. I'm taking it to the mechanic. It began killing on me some months ago. The head gaskets were replaced, the light came back on. After nearly 2 months with the mechanic, it was put on the machine for diagnsis and nothing was found. About 3 weeks ago it killed again. This time the fuel pump ws replaced. I drove it home today and the light was off. I drove tto the neighborhood store and still fine. On the way hme I noticed it was on again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

According the the dealer, they did every test.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car
4/24/2018
Auto Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

So that I can better assist you, do you happen to have the trouble code they are trying to diagnose and repair?

No I don't.
I will stay online

I can still give you an answer, but I could even give you a much more descriptive answer if we had a trouble code so you and I can review it together and possibly see something that they did not.

As of now, the only thing we know is there is a check engine light on and it has not been diagnosed correctly.

If we had a trouble code, I could give you descriptive details of the exact trouble they are experiencing.

A check engine light can come on for so many reasons that we have not enough fingers to count them all no where close.

You have approximately 120+ trouble codes that can lead to any particular reason.

Having the trouble code narrows that number down to just one area.

I'll have to get it from the mechanic I guess, but they have done every test and still have no answer. Is this common with this make and model

sometimes mechanics & technicians run into trouble trying to identify an issue for a trouble code. You may have a rare case situations where the typical diagnoses is not the issue

hmmmm...ok thank you

My pleasure! please take a moment to leave a rating when you are satisfied answer. We can still continue even after leaving a rating. (My goal is 5 stars so please let me know what I can do for you to achieve that goal.)

That is all since I won't be able to get answers without the trouble codes. Once I get them tomorrow, I will call back

Ok sounds great! Let me know