Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Will not do anything when I turn the key to start the 2009…

Will not do anything...

Will not do anything when I turn the key to start the 2009 jeep wrangle x , I replaced the battery,the starter and the ignition switch check trlay no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No its a heavy duty battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and no i have a mechanic friend helping me he is puzzled also

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I would like to know the computer has anything to cause this problem

4/23/2018
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

does the theft indicator go out when you try to start the engine?

have you tried to start it in neutral?

all lights just no sound
can it be the computer

standby please

what size engine?

3.8l it's a x model

ok, please standby

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic
uou still online
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Phone call session started

I ask you to please standby. thank you

let me know if voltage is there

I did its good I even scan it

make a jumper wire and stick one end in 30 and the other in 87

did nothing
Please answer my question can the computer be the problem