Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I am a duel master mechanic with 42 years experiance. i am…

Hello. my name is...

Hello. my name is ***** ***** am a duel master mechanic with 42 years experiance. i am in a remote place in new brunswick canada and have no good schematics. i have a saturn vue 2006 4 cyl. with no power to one of the orange termanalat th ign. switch. before i tear the whole dash out do you have a PROPER wiring diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Constant and if i jump it the blower starts working and the starter then works all fuses good both boxes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

Let me explain. there are two orange wires going into the switch"new" and the one above the yellow and then above the orange wire should be hot . it is not. i need wiring logic for that wire. i bought a manual on line and then its not there.

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/22/2018
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is***** you post the vin number for me?

Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
5gzcz33dx6s864486
how long till you have a set of schematics
?
Phone call session started

It won't take long at all. I am uploading them now. I see you have requested a phone call. Let me send you the schematics first then let me know if you want me to call. The call is an additional $26.

perfect

Click on the attachment for the schematics. Let me know if you need anything else.

this is wierd the pinns show the same source but only one is hot and when i jump them it starts is there a bulkhead they are not showing?
termal a is dead
my sister says she had a rat get in her car in north carolina. i guess i have to start digging.

It looks like it's a straight shot from the fuse to the switch. I'd look for a bad wire or run a new one. You can simply jump from terminal H over to A.

do you know were the splice is?

Looks like it's right at the fuse box.

You could just splice it over at the ignition switch rather than tearing the car apart.

i must make sure ther is no possibillity of a fire causing short if it is a rat. working in the arctic makes me safty parraniod.
thanks i'm going out to dig alittle more thanks. good job.

I understand your concern. Good luck with it.

just a note that circut has two bulkheads one on the a post left side low and one behind the dash on the fire wall in a very bad place to get to that one is the problem . looks like dash comming out
i found it. aprox 12 inches from pdm the wire was bitten by a rat. but just a nibble. then the battery fumes took over and finnished the wire off i am repairing wire with a fuse link as a saftey fall back. resolved
thanks Tim
Excellent! Great job!