Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I was chaging the expansion valve, and I accidentally broke…

I was chaging the...

I was chaging the expansion valve, and I accidentally broke a 3-wire ribbon right on top of the Evaporator housing while trying to disconnect the clip. As I am sure you know, it is a BEAST to get up in there- I cant get to the wires to reconnect them.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Infiniti. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Don't think so... I changed the A/C compressor out...

Obviously, I need a repair solution- either solder the wires reestablishing the connection, or replace (from the other end?) regardless, I need to know specifically what the circuit is for and a part number.
4/21/2018
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

youre going to need to pull the dash

o.k....( I assume you are still typing) How? what do I do after that? Do you have the part Number ?etc..

no I'm not still typing and I do not have a part number. I will give you the procedure to pull the dash. standby

its always good to know the year, model and engine size

2007 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan 4 door

ok

No offense, but please dont call if you are going to send me the info anyway. Thanks

I wont call. just ignore the pop ups. heres what needs removed. step by step coming up

procedure

hows it going?

Well, ok. But the two links you sentt me, while extremely helpful are to documenyts within which exist additional hyperlinks (highlighted in green) that contain addition instructions necessary to complete the dash removal procedure. When I attempt to click on those links, it requests a username and password. Could you please send me the contents of those links separately?
I count approximately 25 in all. I'm really stuck on #31-33 (of the procedure link you sent) "Removal of spiral cable and steering angle sensor" , "Perform Front actuator adjustment refer to: ***** ***** FRONT ACTUATOR NEUTRAL POSITION ADJUSTMENT: DESCRIPTION", "BCS-82" as well as "TM-249" In short, I need all of the addtional instructions highlighted in green. Would you like me to send to you the codes?

I will get you the rest of the links but please note customer satisfaction is my number one goal and leaving 3 stars or more rating for me will allow us to continue this dialogue until you are completely satisfied.and your vehicle is fixed. you may ask as many questions as you'd like at no extra charges. thank you have a great day

this is going to take awhile. I'm closing up my shop for the day and when I get home I will get you the links requested

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

spiral cable