Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I replaced the hood lock alarm sensor on a 2008 Land Rover…

Hi there. I replaced...

Hi there. I replaced the hood lock alarm sensor on a 2008 Land Rover LR3 and somehow the key fob now isn't working for locking / unlocking the doors.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

It is an internal battery that charges with the car when it is in the ignition. it still makes the hazard lights flash like it normally does, but it doesn't actually engage / disengage the locks like it is supposed to.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LR3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The only thing I did myself was replace the hood lock alarm sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

4/21/2018
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin are you saying that since you replaced hood contact switch the key no longer functions ?

I’m saying that the car doors will no longer lock or unlock

And they were before ? Do they work from lock button inside car ?

The buttons in the car, the fob, none are locking the car. The only way to lock the car is manually with the key on the driver side door.
They were before yes
The buttons inside don’t work eithrr

ok give me a moment i will pull up info

Ok thanks

Ok first check fuse 49 in fuse box behind glove box its a 30 amp

Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Any luck ?