Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My RAV 2013 back door will not close automatically. Give me…

Hi my RAV 2013...

Hi my RAV 2013 back door will not close automatically

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Toyota?

Give me a sec

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its a Rav4 petrol auto AWD 2013 TSA I have had it at the Toyota Dealership in Inverell NSW 2 now and they have brought it back saying its fixed....I go to activate the remote and the door opens fine but when I engage it to close it gets to the bottom and then stops

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No the fuel consumption seems fine

4/20/2018
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a suggestion.

Not knowing what the shop did to so call fix it I will assume they did not calibrate or initiate it properly. What you can try is what we do during PDI inspection is to initiate it by closing the door manually then run it through the cycle of opening and closing it with the switch. If that does not work then it has to be calibrated with the shop scanner, then if nether one fixes it then there is a mechanical problem in the actuator, either way you should be covered and take it back to the dealer as this is the same issue you took it in for in the first place and they obviously did not fix it. So try initiating it like I explained first . Good luck

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Ok thanks Peter! I will pass on the information into the service centre that is also looking into it!

let ME KNOW HOW YOU DO AND PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE MY SERVICE, THANK YOU.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician