Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I think I still have some time on my side to have some

Customer Question
Second opinion] I think...

Second opinion] I think I still have some time on my side to have some questions answered without paying. can you connect me

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2003 saab 93

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No not myself. Just having a steering problem and want to chat with a mechanic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids?

No there is play in the steering and the car wanders

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 3 days by:
4/7/2018
Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
eric remington

w​ithout paying? thanks for the warning

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Play in the steering and wander is due to either worn steering rack, outer tie rods or the shaft coupler between the steering column and the rack and pinion. All need to be checked for excess play while on a lift.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

My question was about the screaming noise at 55 mph and how to stop it on a 93 Saab 2003 convertible.

No, it wasnt. Here is verbatim what you posted

[Second opinion] I think I still have some time on my side to have some questions answered without paying. can you connect me

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2003 saab 93

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No

I see nothing about a noise at 55mph. If you can point that out to me in your question, I will be happy to answer, otherwise you will need to open a new question about it as I answered what you actually asked about - a steering problem