Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

ABS light is on after wheel bearing replacement. Just the…

ABS light is on...

ABS light is on after wheel bearing replacement

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Just the abs light. comes on after about 100 ft of forward driving.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1997 f-150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself. there was a fluted ring on the old hub/rotor piece. I haven't really looked at that closely to see if it's supposed to go back on the spindle as a tone ring or something.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've put the truck through a series of braking and it doesn't seem to be affecting the operating of the brakes.

4/2/2018
TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER
Hello. The piece you are referring to is the tone ring and it needs to be there so sensor can monitor wheel speed
TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER