Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Land rover lr2 will not start after jumping battery

Customer Question
land rover lr2 will not start after jumping battery
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car
i believe there's a way to reset vehicle that has to do with key fob?
anyone there?
what's the deal.....it's been a half hour?
it's a 2010 land rover lr2
where's the response? your ads say response in minutes...
we're going on an hour here......this is ridiculous. I need an answer asap
we're over an hour here.....I really need an answer asap.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
More information? seriously? I've rec'd zero information so far.
4/2/2018
Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

So the battery died. You got a jump and it started. You shut the vehicle off and now it will not start, correct?

If not can you explain?

The battery died so I tried jumping it.....power ran through the vehicle as lights came on, etc... However, vehicle will not turn over, I believe it's in some type of "crash" mode. I've had this happen in the past after changing the battery, there is a way to reset the vehicle by using the manual key from key fob in the door lock but I am not sure what the combination is (how many times to turn key, in what direction, etc....).

With the battery at the correct voltage, with the key on, what does the theft light do?

blinks

Is it a slow or fast blink?

Anything aftermarket electrical on the vehicle?

fairly slow I suppose.....nothing aftermarket

Thanks, ***** ***** have access to a scan tool to see which codes are stored?

What is the battery voltage now?

I'm not sure of voltage....at work while vehicle is parked at home. Do not have a scan tool.

Can you respond later once with the vehicle?

I can....thank you

SUper

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris