Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 93 eclipse and the lower control arm was bent so I…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hello I have...
Second opinion] Hello I have a 93 eclipse and the lower control arm was bent so I toke back 2 bolts off but can�t seem to get the ball joint freeJA: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: Yes myself I have tried a pickle fort hitting the side hitting top n pounding on control arm n tried using pb blastJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: Nope
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Auto Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

the only thing you can do if you do not have a torch is to beat it with a mini-sledge as hard as you can and it will break loose

hows it going?

I got the control arm off n it all back together however the alignment is very bad and when I turn the wheel to the left it’ll pull the wheel to the right when going over 20 and when I break it pulls to the right. I toke it to firestone to get a alignment n they said I needed a new wheel bearing but they wanted $400 to fix it.

which side is the bearing bad?

The front passenger ik they are just sold as the bearing would it be easier to just find a wheel knuckle at the junk yard?

if youve never replaced a bearing or do not have a 20 ton press, then yes absolutely

should cost about 40.00 at the junkyard

hows it going?