Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Can i reset the computer on a 2015 dmax to override a

Customer Question
Can i reset the...

Can i reset the computer on a 2015 dmax to override a protection mode

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2015 isuzu dmax

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

So it cut out on the motorway lost power and died ive bleed and drained the fuel system its my thaught as to what went wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It has fluctuated for a while

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really i was over due service for sure

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Car
I think it was a fuel issue but now i belive the computer is also telling it not to run but o could be way off the mark it winds over ok and sounds like there is good pressure in every cyclinder
3/29/2018
Auto Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Sounds like a low pressure pump issue, in tank.

Can you check the pump supply with a line off after the filter?

Gary

i can ill do that in an hour or so

Just open the main line before the engine, add a drain tin etc, key on, pump should flow about 1.5 litres per 30 seconds.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary

Hi gary we went through all the fuel system and it all good so something else its beyond me now i think injectors maybe or electronics

If you feel the low pressure fuel system is ok, then it needs diagnosis by an Isuzu dealer tech. Is similar to Holden, but has some differences.

I've been down this path with some other cars.

Gary