Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Gee - I went through a big spiel with Pearl - do I really…

Customer Question
Gee - I went...

Gee - I went through a big spiel with Pearl - do I really have to repeat myself

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Mercury Grand Marquis 2000 diagnostic shows B1601 PATS - incorrect key code transponder and P1260 theft detected engine disabled - I have two ignition keys - one I use regularly and the last time car was driveable I misplaced regular key and used alternate key ( which I have successfully used before) drove to my destination - minutes later - using alternate key - car would not start - I want to know what the average price of resetting computer will cost me at dealership if fix a mobile mechanic does not work - he told me to wait two days before reconnecting battery - if his programming did not work I will have to have car towed to dealership - just want to know how much ????? money I can anticipate spending at dealership

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

I already explained all this to you Pearl - you sent me to mechanic - I gave all my card info and now do I have to go through giving you the same information I gave you before I gave you my personal financial information that I was required in order to speak to a mechanic - no I don not have a scan tool - I hired someone to scan the computer and he came up with the codes B1601 and P1260

Mechanic's Assistant: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?

Are you kidding me? you directed me to a mechanic but I was first required to send my personal financial info which I did and now I am back to you - the assistant instead of the mechanic - is this a scam?????

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?

Since these are rote questions I am being asked and since you have taken my financial information and not referred me to a real mechanic I am going to report this Just Answer site as fraudulent

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car
3/29/2018
Auto Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

its going to cost you around 200.00 at the dealership and this is not a scam.

or you can have a locksmith come to your home and do it