Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My truck sometimes will not engage in reverse but if you put…

Customer Question
My truck sometimes will...

My truck sometimes will not engage in reverse but if you put in drive then go to reverse it works fine engine will rev and will jump into reverse if not shifted into drive first

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

1996 no leaks seen trany fluid is clean and no burnt odor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

1996 gmc sonoma

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

I probally looking to take to mechanic tranys confuse me

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car
3/28/2018
Auto Mechanic: Gene, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Gene
Gene, Auto Service Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, is the transmission full of fluid and does it look clean or look black or smell burnt? Reverse is the only issue, once its in reverse it works fine? How many miles are on the transmission?

Ok so what do you think
what the f**k answer my que4stion do keep asking for more m,oney
ok i got f**ked

No its the website asking if u want to make a phone callim here

I need some more info, can you answer the questions i asked about the fluid level and condition and how the transmission is working?

Ill let everyone i know know this site is fake

Its not fake, i cant answer you without more information, forget about the phone call, thats the website doing it automatically. If you dont want my help I will opt out

No thanks youve f**ked me once why ask me to get f**ked twice
STOP CONTACTING ME FAKE
Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
eric remington
Reverse requires most pressure. When u out in drive fluid circulates and then when u put it back in reverse it has just enoughpressure to engage. The transmission will fail completely soon...chanhi g fluid filter probably won't help...thats honest truth...