Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Fuel pump not working. The truck has been stalling and does…

Fuel pump not working ...

Fuel pump not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your car been stalling?

The truck has been stalling and does not want to start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

I've tested the pump separately and she worked

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ford?

1996 f350 5.8L gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I only have 10.20Volt at the pump plig

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes my self

3/27/2018
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician

Hi there - so there is a voltage drop / high resistance in the power wire / circuit that runs to the pump.

Let's start easy on this one - have you tried another relay?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Where is the relay located

Engine compartment fuse box. You could probably swap the horn relay for testing purposes... The horn relay doesn't usually see as much action as the fuel pump relay...

The fuel pump relay is located in the engine compartment fuse panel, which is located at the LH side (driver's) of the engine compartment.

Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician
Phone call session started

email sent

Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician