Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Just trying to find a constant 12 volts somewhere in the…

Just trying to find...

Just trying to find a constant 12 volts somewhere in the trunk area. I am trying to hook up a rear view camera and not excited about pulling wire from the dash to the trunk....

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Nissan. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Not really...

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now

Can you connect to the reverse light bulb circuit? that would have 12 volts when the vehicle is in reverse.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Sure. I had to connect the radio to that circuit to change to the camera screen, so I guess it makes sense. Still have to run wire, but it is a little better than running to the fuse box.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a positive (3 star or higher) rating would be appreciated
You can do this rating by clicking on the stars.
This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free!
I do not get credit from the site unless you give a positive rating.
Do not give a negative rating (2 stars or less) please ask what you need more help with and let’s get your question answered!
5 star ratings are greatly appreciated!

Dan, ASE Master Technician
Dan, ASE Master Technician