Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Rear passenger door lock does not lock and unlock when the…

Rear passenger door lock...

Rear passenger door lock does not lock and unlock when the remote central locking is activated

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2015 MY15.5 ASX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Tried both key fobs, tried all doors, tried with child lock on and off, tried with electric window lock on and off; tried locking and unlocking repeatedly in quick succession; tried manually locking and unlocking repeatedly in quick succession to free a sticky lock

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Reviewed manual, I see there is a central locking fuse - I would assume that all doors would fail to lock and unlock if it was a fuse problem.

3/26/2018
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
you're correct that if it was a fuse issue all of the locks will be affected.Basically either there's broken wiring in the door jamb area between the door in the body or the door itself that goes to the latch, or the latch itself is faulty and will not function.Pull back the rubber boot that goes between the body and the door and inspect for broken wires, repair any broken wires with heatsink weather proof butt connectors and recheck operation.Otherwise, the proper way to go about diagnosing this is to scan the security module with a scan tool and there will likely be, with a professional body scan tool you can also observe the condition of the micro switches in the latch and see whether or not it thinks the latch is locked or unlocked and whether thinks the door is open or closed, or can even communicate with it.That's how we diagnosis problem the proper way, if you can't get access to a professional quality scan tool and don't want to pay for diagnosis and then I guess you would basically by the door latch and replace it and hope for the best.Very answer your question your satisfaction please remember to hit accept as that's the only way I get paid for my time.If you need further assistance please don't hesitate to ask, you can ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I will try to inspect for broken wires
Danny
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician