Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I am on a trip with family. We where going down the highway…

I am on a...

I am on a trip with family. We where going down the highway at 75 miles an hr with cruise control on. It just lost power slowly but never stalled. Once I stopped at stop sign then went to go again to gas station it felt like power was better but was smelling like burnt rubber or plastic

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It just gradually lost it but returned after stopping. I haven’t drove it again yet.cause it smelled once I made it to gas station

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Station?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m on a trip. Just happened and yes if I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The cruise control beeped maybe and went off 15 mins before hand and I thought maybe I hit the lever so put back on and then about 15 mins later just kicked off and begin to gradually lose power

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Abit ago I noticed water filled in my air filter on passenger side cause drain was clogged 2 days ago my trunk had water a quarter full. Just Incase that helps at all
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My temp is at almost 100 between the 80 and 120 and my fan has not turned on. Could that be what’s wrong
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The fan kicked on but seems week. I can stick a plastic flash light to it and almost stop it from spinning
3/26/2018
eric remington

H​ELLO CAN YOU TELL ME DOES CAR RUN NOW?

CK ALL FLUID LEVELS TAKE WATER OUT OF AIR FILTER(REALLY?) IF FLUID LEVELS FULL START CAR OR TRY TO AND LET ME KNOW IF ANY LIGHTS ARE ON THE DASH WITH CAR RUNNING

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Car runs and check engine light is on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
P02009 code is showing up, plus p0414,p0051

O​K I WILL CK THESE FOR YOU AND REPORT BACK...DID YOU REMOVE WATER FROM AIR FILTER OR HAS IT DRIED?

FLUID LEVELS FULL?

DID YOU GO THRU A PUDDLE OR RAIN STORM?

HOW DOES CAR RUN NOW?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All fluids are full. The water in filter was likr2 weeks ago. Ya it’s dry now and the drain is cleared
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tryed to drive and it still acts like no power then will kick in or kind jerk then back to hardly any power
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m from grassvalley California and it has been raining straight for acouple weeks. I’m almost to New Mexico rite now and has been no rain sence I started the trip
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ran fine for 800 miles
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will a bad o2 senser ruin a engine?

V ERY RARE...I WILL LOOK UP THESE CODES FOR YOU...WATER INTRUSION (RECENT OR WATER PRESENT IN ENGINE CAN CAUSE DRIVABILITY PROBLEMS..I WILL LOOK UP THESE CODES AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT GIVE ME SOME TIME OH PLEASE GIVE ME VIN NUMBER SO I CAN ENUSRE I GIVE ACCURATE VHEICLE INFO PLEASE THANKS

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4jgcb65e26a024555

as far as code 51 oxygen sensor circuit lets erase the code and see if that one comes back...it may take some time, it may be due to the water intrusion, may never reappear

I am still looking at other codes..will be back with answer regarding those codes as well

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sounds good
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ya seems odd for so many sensors to go out at once��

y​es perhaps take a visual under hood something loose vacuum leak etc. code 414 secondary air pump emission controls pump injects air into exhaust stream to reduce hydrocarbons(becomes h2o) and carbon monoxide(becomes co2}. here again could be water intrusion..so lets clear codes and drive till monitors reset. Perhaps codes will never return. they may, but due to circumstances with water, lets just clear and see

2009 is intake manifold switchover valve..will need to look that one up... hold on

here is pic see if its wet at all

P2009 means the intake manifold runner control circuit has excessively low voltage for bank 1. Once the ECU figures out that low voltage is present in the intake manifold runner control circuit a Check Engine Light will be triggered.

The Check Engine Light will be displayed on the dashboard and may be accompanied by a failsafe mode which will remain in effect until the code is cleared or normal voltage is detected.

What causes the P2009 code?

• Wiring harness has an open or short
  • Faulty or stuck intake manifold runner
  • Electrical connection that is less than optimal
  • Intake manifold runner control solenoid has failed.

I would say as long as its running perfectly fine and you don't see anything unusual problems ,clear codes and drive it and report back to me if you have any more codes. you may have one return none return or more..hard to say...enough said. oh and please do rate me as that is how I earn my living. old retired mechanic here.. thanks for choosing Just Answer and if you have any uqestions at all either now or infuture. I will keep this post open as long as necessary till we know all is well. after 500 miles or so you should be good if no lites come on by then you should be fine. but if you don't have scanner gor napa oreillys or auto zone and they will clear it for free. code readers are inexpensive but limited..anyways thanks again

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

if for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

ENJOY YOUR TRIP

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I just took the round/oval air flow piece off from back of engine. Looks like it has a chip or something in it. How can u tell if it’s bad or not?

N​OT SURE WHICH COMPONENT YOU RE SPEAKING OF, IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF NAME, CAN YOU TAKE A PICTURE?

SO MANY THINGS UNDER THE HOOD LOL

eric remington
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
U get the pic

O​H THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR. THEY USUALLY FAIL BY SHOWING SYNOTOMS OF LOW POWER AND OR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT LEAN MISFIRE BUT USUALLY BOTH BANKS. YOU HAD 02 SESNOR CODE BUT JUST PUT IT BACK TOGEHTER AND MAKE SURE AIR FILTER GOOD. NOW IF YOU WANT THERE IS A CLEANER THQT U CAN CLEAN THAT SMALL WIRE IN THE MIDDLE OF SENSOR. THATS NOT BAD PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE. ALSO SOME CHEV RON GTECHRON FOR FUEL INJECTORS AND DRY GAS FOR MOISTURE THAT TENDS T O ACCUMALTE IN TANK SPARK PLUGS I THINK ARE 90 K MAYBE 75 K. BURT LEMME KNOW IF ANY CODES COME BACK ILL LEAVE POST OPEN

THE​ CLEANER IS CALLED MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR CEANER YOU CAN GET IT AT PARTS STORE ALONG WITH ADDITIVES

I THINK BY 06 NO EXTERNAL FUEL FILTERS

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I went through hole top of engine cleaning and fixed cracked hose. Now doing oxygen sensor. Isn’t it located under neath in front of cat?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Would that cut hose be the culprit ?
Cracked hose? Intake air hose? Or vacuum hose? O2 sensor why not...100k not a bad idea they tend to become sluggish
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I’m still stuck on side of rd
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
It wount go over 25 miles an hr. Engine just revs

OK IS CK NEGINE LIE ILLUMINATED? CAN YOU CLEAR CODES AND TELL ME WHICH ONE POPS UP FIRST

U HAVE SCANNER? CORRECT?

SO IT WAS RUNNING FINE BUT NOW ITS LIKE REAL BAD...LET ME KNOW WHAT CODE POPS UP FIRST AFTER ERASING CODES

S​O YOU REPALCED HOSE O2 SENSOR AND NO IMPROVEMENT

IF THE CODE 2009 CODE IS COMING ON COULD BE A STUCK INTAKE RUNNER DID THAT CODE RETURN

U R GOING TO NEED TO TOW TO SHOP AND HAVE THAT 2009 CODE DIAGNSOED IF IT COMES BACK IF THE INTAKE RUNNER HAS FAIOED THEN THAT MAY ACCOUNT FOR YOUR PREDICAMENT

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
If the flap is stuck open could cleaner free it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooatlAONjoA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtjVfZqLax4

LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO REMOVE INTAKE MANIFOLD

LOOK AT THIS ONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVVeU4FeuOg

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
U thinking more that then the ecu computer module. The car had six codes popinig up. It switches from p2008 and p2009 then it has p0414,p0030,p0051,p0037,p0057

the 2008 2009 came up first?

sometimes if you have abad enough fault many codes can occur that is why I try to focus on the first ones or else you get blind sided

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I was told that if ur mass air flow sensor is working rite that after u start the car and then unplug it the car should die. If it’s bad then the car will keep running and also if it’s bad that the car will sound better when u unplug?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
When my car is off and key out my heater fan comes on?

if u unplug mass airflow you go to a preset default mode on some vehicles you can try it....

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Dam tranny is stuck. Hydraulic problem

n​o dipstick. u have to get on lift to ck fluid level

Thank you for choosing Just Answer

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington