Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a Range Rover sport 2006 that the parking switch

Customer Question
start blinking when change to...
I have a Range Rover sport 2006 that the parking switch start blinking when change to drive or reverse. Changed the control modules and all the sensors.
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Auto Mechanic: Richard, ASE Certified Technician replied 26 days ago
Richard, ASE Certified Technician

When the parking switch blinks this means the control module has detected a fault and will not operate the parking aid.

Since you replaced the sensors and module I suspect we have a problem with the park aid harness. There are three wires going to each sensor and if one part of the circuit fails it will take down the complete system. We will need a digital multimeter to test the circuit or we can visually inspect the harness for any signs of damage.

Let me know.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ok I will text it tomorrow. I will let you know . Question there are 3 connectors one for the front sensors and one for the rear. There is another connector that I do not know where it goes. I have Mitchell and alldata but cannot find electrical drawings for the parking aid. Do you know where to look?

There should be three connectors. One for the front, one for the rear and the other one has the power, ground, network, switch and speaker wiring.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I will work on the car tomorrow. Thanks..
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I want to open a question for another car. Is a BMW 2009. Can you help me on this car also.?. If yes I will open another question..
Auto Mechanic: Richard, ASE Certified Technician replied 24 days ago
Ok let me know. Yes you will need to open a new question on the BMW.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Ok...I already inspect each wire for continuity. All are ok...
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Check continuity from:
Each plug from sensor to main connector for the front and rear.
From the connector to the plug that goes to the sensor computer from rear and front.
Please let me know next step. Sensors are used..
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Any help...thanks
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Today is a holiday. But my client is waiting for his car to be fixed. Can you still help me out???
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Any help??? Thanks
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Any help?
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Any help
Auto Mechanic: Richard, ASE Certified Technician replied 18 days ago

Sorry for the delay.

Without a Rover tool it will be difficult as the tool will display a specific fault for whichever sensor or circuit is the cause. Any sensor can knock out the rest. We can try a quick test. With the ignition on and transmission in reverse put your each to each sensor and see if you can hear a rapid clicking noise from all the sensors. Also please confirm power and ground to all sensors. I see alot of issues with the bumper harnesses in the front and rear since that is the locations of the splices.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Ok..I will try tomorrow. Let you know...

Ok thanks

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Ok..at the beginning of the first scan the control aid module gave me all 8 sensor bad but both connector from front and back were desconected. Now I connect both connector and there is no communication with the module. I have another module but no communication. At the instrument cluster there is one defect U0159 lost com with parking assist.
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Check voltage red/green at the connector with 16pins communication and have voltage. Also the l the black wire have ground...
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Any other advise??
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
check the voltage at the 16pin connector for communication. The yellow/blue twisted wire measure 2.3 volts. For the same twisted cable but the yellow/white cable measured 2.7 volts.. I believe these wires are for communication...
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Also at the instrument cluster it says U0127 lost communication with tire pressure monitor...
Auto Mechanic: Richard, ASE Certified Technician replied 17 days ago
looks like we have power, ground and the voltage on the communication wiring is good. I would use a bulb test for the power and ground to make sure the wiring can carry current and illuminates a bulb.
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I check the power and ground that goes to the module with led test light and did lid up..
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
On the instrument cluster got 3 codes U0127,U0102,U0159....
Try a standard bulb if possible since the led takes less current.
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Ok.. tested with regular bulb and is ok...When I plug in the 16pin connector the speaker will come on. When I scan the car the parking aid module will not let me in...

We may have a problem with the pins at the park aid module connector. The harness connector pins may be expanded and not making good contact inside the module. You can also try disconnecting both the front and rear sensor harness connectors from the module to see if you can then communicate with the module.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Ok...disconnected front and rear connectors but not communicating still...I will verify each pin at the modules connectors...
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Ok...verify all pins from the module and are ok....
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Any other Ideas???
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Any help??
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I have two more cars that need help. I have a shop and clients are waiting so I need your help....Many days without answers my clients will not understand..
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Any help?? My scanner is from Autoland. I can scan the car and it will tell me which sensor is bad but I do not have communication with the module..
Richard, ASE Certified Technician