Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I own a 426 wedge 420HP 1963 engine. I need to sell it. Can…

I own a 426...

I own a 426 wedge 420HP 1963 engine. I need to sell it. Can you give me an estimate of price range? I know it's not a mechanical question but I've no luck findirg pricing on the web. Thanks!

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

It is an engine only. I bought it from a wrecked car in K.C. MO in 1963. That was the production year for the engine. Virtually no miles.No transmission involved.I only bought the engine. It runs.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

It is not a car. Just an engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

IT is not a car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all. If you can't help it's ok.

3/25/2018
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, currently I've seen these sell between 3-7,000 depending on condition and documentation. I am in the southeast and in this area they do bring a little more than the west coast. Since your's is running and low mileage I would place it on the higher end.

My goal is to provide 5 star service. Rating/accepting does not cost extra and ensures I'm credited for my time and knowledge. It also does not close your question if you have a follow up concerning this. Thank you for using Just Answer!

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician