Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2004 dodge sprinter 2.7 diesel, lots of battery power, all…

2004 dodge sprinter 2.7...

2004 dodge sprinter 2.7 diesel, lots of battery power, all the accessories work, engine begin intermittent shut down, now lost all power to engine, cant get OBD reading, checked all grounds, repaired some, replace crank position sensor. will massive air sensor cause no start? help

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It fluctuated for a short time now its all the time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes am a retired mechanic out of touch with high tech. new battery crank position sensor,grounding system,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Will massive air flo sensor cause no start

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I failed to mention that I have check and cleaned all fuses and relays
3/25/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master Sprinter Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

1. I do need the vin # to get the factory information to assist.
  2. Can't get OBD reading or no codes showing?
  3. Make and model of scan tool are you using?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Vin No #WD2PD444245706935
After sitting over night, plug in OBD and after 10 seconds I get a No Power response and the AC Condenser Fan comes on
Innova 3110

ok your code reader is not sufficient enough to scan other modules to see why the issue at hand . you have a ecu offline causing the fan run on high and most likely will not run .

let me get the diagram to check some simple fuses and relays

will get back with you when i have all the info!!

thanks

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Wolfgang,
The fuses and relays under the steering ...All fuses cleaned and checked. No#16 & #17 replaced with new. The two relays I replaced-one turn signal, the other ECM...no change. I have a Sprinter Shop Manual. I have a new M.A.F Sensor coming. That is the only OBD reading I get - P0100.Sincerely, Bill
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Wolfgang,

i need you to look at the intake air temp sensor at the boost pipe since you can not read values of the system . there have been issue with the sensor and wiring to the sensor!!!

keep me in the loop

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
wolfgang, intake air temp sencer checks good, there was worn spot on wire covering , wires ok i replaced the covering and secured the harness. have removed the ECM found a person in Denver can check it and repair if needed will be leaving shortly two hours away let you know tomorrow results thanks for helping Bill

My pleasure Bill

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
wolfgang' the ECM had two trouble spots repairs made, Jeff told me to replace the two relays with oe bosch so I did. also give me some special cleaner I removed the fuse box removed all fuses and relays put in a pan with solution for two hours look like new replaced, was told todrive on road above fourty MPH for ten miles with one stop and go that will calibrate ECM to vehicle. Jeff said my OBD2 was well sufficient. Engine starts and runs good. have installed new MAS computer is clean. you are a good man thank for all ypu did for me. Bill

my pleasure Bill!!

Bill if you have any other issues down the road you can request me . please do state on the question "Wolfgang only"

thanks again!!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech