Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Looking for an Auto gauge refurbishment company in the

Looking for an Auto...

Looking for an Auto gauge refurbishment company in the Orlando, Fl area

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I have already replaced the Oil Pressure sending unit on the motor in the past 6 months.

3/25/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

What kind of car are you working on? And what is the problem with the gauge?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Last week the Oil Pressure Gage pegged out clear to the right. Now anytime I turn the key on it pegs out.

What kind of car you have?

I want to get the gauge calibrated locally if possible. Can't buy new gauges for this vehicle. (1988 Fiero Formula).

I see. DId the oil pressure switch have a one wire connector?

Three wire.

Ok. It is possible that a wiring concern or poor fit of the connector for the sending unit is causing it to read incorrectly. Gauges going bad is not common. Have you tried to unplug the sending unit and see if the gauge goes back down?

haven't unplugged it; will try this later. FYI; Fiero's are notorious for bad gauges.

Ok. Yes I have heard that but not seen it personally.

I do have a database based on location and highest ratings for businesses in your area that do gauge repair/restoration. I do have one that comes up. CLICK HERE for there website and check them out. Let me know what you think.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

thanks for the info on LSPEED.COM. I'll touch base with them this week.
FYI; I replaced the gauge pod (Amp & Oil Pressure) on the Fiero in 2012 (8000 mile ago); I'm on my third O/P sending unit since 2006.

Your welcome. I do not understand why so many replacements would be needed. Sounds to me like there may be a wiring issue that may get disturbed when you are replacing parts that fixes it for a while. That is just something I would want to make sure is good before replacing the same parts over and over.

Also, please rate my assistance with the stars above. Then bookmark this page so you can come back if needed in the future with more questions on this. Thanks.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician