Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a hyundai santa fe and just lost my unique key. what…

Hello, i have a...

Hello, i have a hyundai santa fe and just lost my unique key. what can i do ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?

No we have no double or way to re do the key

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Santa Fe?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is parked at the airport , did not try anything yet

3/25/2018
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
You either need to call a locksmith if it's in a part of the airport where the locksmith can access the vehicle to make a key, or you're going to need to tow the vehicle to the dealership, because it has an immobilizer chip in the key that will need to be programmed to start the vehicle.If I have answered your question to satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name because that is the only way the site compensates me for my time.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask, even ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is there anyway to replace the original key ?
Danny
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician