Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

VSA light is on as is the yellow tri-angle lite. Recently…

VSA light is on as...
VSA light is on as is the yellow tri-angle lite. Recently the red light for the air bags (lite is located under the tach) have come on gone out and now on steady. I disconnected the battery to see if that would reset these and has not. The secondary fuse box under the hood lay out of the fuses does not match the manual. In fact, it looks like #4 is missing, maybe it was never used, also the #1 is the same. Can you help me solve this problem.
3/24/2018
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

You need a scan tool to see why the air bag and vsa lights are on. Since they are on it means you have codes stored in the air bag and abs control modules. You probably have two separate problems. This may not be a fuse issue. A scan for codes is the first step to diagnose your problem. Not all scan tools will be able to read the codes. You need a shop quality scan tool.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a positive (3 star or higher) rating would be appreciated
You can do this rating by clicking on the stars.
This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free!
I do not get credit unless you give a positive rating.
Do not give a negative rating (2 stars or less) please ask what you need more help with and let’s get your question answered

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Hello Dan:
Its not clear to me if the $38.00 the money I paid went to you or Just Answer. If it did go to you which fuses should be checked to rule them out. I do have a scanner but it requires the results be stored and then printed out via a Word processing program. So I would like to know what fuses to look at before I go though that. The brakes do work and I think the ABS also works as it seemed to in some snow we had. The AWD lite comes on when you put it in first or second and push that on the dash button. The cruse control quit but now works however the lite that indicates it is on below the VSA button does not seem to work. The Honda Dealer wants $120.00 just look at it and the repair is over and above that. A local repair shop wants $80.00 and the repair is over and above that. Money I don't have.

You could try taking to a local auto parts store and asking for a scan. Most of them will do this for free, but the scan tool they have may not be able to access the modules that you need.
If you have a test light, you can check fuses without removing the fuse. Turn the key on and probe the pin hole on the back side of the fuse. If you have power at both pin holes then that fuse is ok. If you have power on only one side then you have a blown fuse. This is a way to quickly check ALL fuses.

I do not work for justanswer, I only receive credit for ratings. Hoping to give you 5 star service.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I will be back to you shortly. I am going to the car to look at the secondary under-hood fuse box. The order of the fuses do not match the owners manual and fact No. 40A is missing. Want to check what is there and what order.

Ok

Dan, ASE Master Technician
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I just comp aired my fuses with another Honda. It appears that the #1 fuse, 40 A for ABS F/S Relay is missing and also the fuse in the #4 Slot, ABS motor, is missing also. So am going to go buy those today, if I can , or on Monday at a Honda Dealer I have not been to. I am also going to check fuses #2 (20 amp VSA F/S Relay) and #3 ((30 A VSA Motor). Unless you have something to add I'll get back to you if I have further problems. And thanks

If you have a test light, you can check fuses without removing the fuses.

Turn the key on and probe the pin hole on the back side of the fuse.
If you have power at both pin holes then that fuse is ok.
If you have power on only one side then you have a blown fuse. This is a way to quickly check ALL fuses

Thanks for the great rating! ignore that last message.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok, checked all fuses ok. But two empty spaces only have one pin so guess can,t be used there. Manual and fuse cover do not agree with what fuses go were . Go figure!

Go by the fuse cover.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The fuse cover shows those two spaces as having fuses, but inspecting them there is only one pin in each. So, nothing put in those spaces will complete a circuit. Could some one have cut the second pin off? Not likely, I think the wrong cover has been put there.

Yes, the wrong cover or the wrong fuse box is installed.

Dan, ASE Master Technician