Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Put new air boxe covers on my 2001 360... After do this I…

Customer Question
Put new air boxe...

Put new air boxe covers on my 2001 360... After do this I went to start the car the dash flashed a bunch of stuf (blinking all over). Turned key off and then back on it started like usual but now have a check engine light on. Don't know if it's the air boxes or if my battery may be causing it since the trickle charger has been acting weird as in the charge light is on when plugged in and doesn't change to maintain like it used too.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Ferrari 360 - 2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I did the air boxes and I'm going for a new trickle charger this morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it - thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car
3/25/2018
Auto Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Sounds like a low voltage condition.

How often do you drive this car?

Your charger also sounds like it is not working correctly.

Can you verify this with a voltmeter?

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary