Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I ran CLR through the heater core for 40 mins.I both

directions, didn't really see much...
I ran CLR through the heater core for 40 mins.I both directions, didn't really see much. When I connect a garden hose to test flow, it looks decent. Flow test through the radiator looks OK. New upper and lower thermostats/ flow control.
3/24/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

I see what you did but I do not see what the problem?

Ok, 05 Nissan Altima 2.5l has a no cabin heat or intermittent heat. After burping the coolant system with the nose elevated I was able to get heat, but then when test driving it blows cool again. In park with engine rev it would blow hot, the higher the rev, the hotter the air. I think at this point I stick a vacuum refill kit on it.

Since the core is flowing fine. Possible causes for not getting enough hot coolant through the core are going to be:

• more air is trapped in the system, vacuum bleeding may help
  • the water pump fins are pretty much corroded away and no longer moving enough coolant.
  • there is a faulty head gasket that is packing air from the combustion chamber into the cooling system and that prevents good coolant flow
  • thermostat is stuck open, not allowing coolant to get to the core.

I recommend focusing on more bleeding, if you just keep getting air and air and air then do a compression test.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Excellent, thank you!

You are welcome