Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

When i accelerate hard it just acts like it ran out of gas.

Second opinion] when i accelerate...
Second opinion] when i accelerate hard it just acts like it ran out of gasJA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?Customer: sameJA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?Customer: 2007 commander 4.7lJA: Are you fixing your Commander yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: done nothing so farJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: runs rough when a low speed in drive, i have to put into 4th instead of drive or it stumbles
3/24/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Is the check engine lights on?

Does it feel like there is a misfire occurring?

TO BOTH

Have you had it scanned to see if there are codes stored?

no

How many miles are on your current spark plugs?

I'm not sure I just purchased the vehicle about 2 weeks ago been running very good went and washed my car got back to unit and when I start it off stumbling I tried to accelerate to get over it and then it just acted like it ran out of gas now when I drive it the engine light check engine light flashes on and off and then it acts like it goes into like maybe a limp mode or something

My suggestion is to replace the spark plugs and dry out the coils and apply dielectric grease to the coil wire connections and plug boots. This should resolve the issue based on what information you were able to give me.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

are you going to credit back the 26.00 I just saw on my account for the phone call I paid for
then i'll give you your 5 star rating

That is between you and the website. You can contact them to refund it. I have not agreed to make the call, it is still open for anyone to take. If no one takes it, it will be auto refunded.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
ok

I just thought of an idea, I can agree to the call and fill out the form that the customer declined it. Would that be easier?

That will work I just don't want to get charged for a phone call that I did not receive and you seem to have answered my questions
Phone call session started

Done, you should see a refund on that fee. If not just let customer service know and they will gladly fix it.

Okay thank you

You are welcome