Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

1989 trans am... Radio worked fine when I bought it 2 months…

Customer Question
1989 trans am... Radio...

1989 trans am... Radio worked fine when I bought it 2 months ago.. Time is displayed but push pwr button and antenna doesn't go up and radio doesn't come on... Checked fuses and they are ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Owners manual shows that the fuses for the radio and antenna is under driver's side dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trans Am yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pulled radio out to see if anything wrong with connectors.. they are ok... Other than that and fuses, that is all I have done so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
3/23/2018
Auto Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 4 months ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

do you have any other questions???

if you have both powers then the radio is the issue. if yu do not then you need to find out why there is not power to the terminals. check the fuses for power on both sides.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

Auto Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 3 months ago

do you still need help???