Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Stuck in park and wont shift. im using the manual release…

Stuck in park and...

Stuck in park and wont shift. im using the manual release and replaced the brake light switch but is still doing if and the cruise control still won't work

Mechanic's Assistant: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?

I gotta do that, but not sure which one to check

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2011 Sante Fe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just replaced the brake light switch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it I guess

3/22/2018
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok

2.4 or 3.5 engine

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
3.5

thank you

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
The traction light doesn't come on anymore but the shif tee won't move unless I manually do it. Those fuses are ok

do you hear a clicking down by the shifter lever when stepping on the brake

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No I dont

do the brake lights work?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
they do

ok. do you have a voltmeter?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No I don't at the moment

ok, well you need to check to see if voltage is getting to the shift interlock solenoid under the center console below the shift lever

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok thanks for your time. Am prob gonna have to take it to a mechanic. That I am not

ok, you are welcome. I was really hoping it was a fuse because my ultimate goal is to save customers money.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Yeah when I move the shifter I hear something in the dashboard. Like a click

ok but when you step on the brake you should hear a click by the lever, the click you are hearing is the keylock/shift mechanism

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Yeah I don't hear that when I press the brake by the shifter

thats going to be the shift solenoid not energizing

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
How do I get to that
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Or repair it

you need to remove the center console to gain access to it. then you remove the shifter assembly to access the solenoid.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Like I said, I'm gonna need a mechanic lol

ok, well good luck to you

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thanks again

you are very welcome

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic
David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic