Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Well the ABS, VDC light, Traction control light is on. If I…

Well the ABS, VDC...

Well the ABS, VDC light, Traction control light is on. If I turn the car off it goes away. But it comes back every once I awhile

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Just the ABS

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2007 G35X

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35x yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well I brought it into my dealership and they said my brake pads are light new and my fluid is just under full. They said nothing is wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s about it

3/22/2018
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

good morning

When there is a fault in the ABS system, it will turn on the light and the other systems will go off line as they depend on the ABS system. once the code is retrieved, diagnosed and repaired, the systems will all come back on line.

ABS will reset itself each time you start the car. not until the fault appears again will the light come back on. the most common issue is a wheel speed sensor not reading correctly. it will need to be checked with a scan tool to determine which one. even if the light is out, the code is stored in memory. that needs to be accessed to find the history code.

it has nothing to do with brake pad thickness. it has to do with the electronic controls of the system only.

did they check for history codes in the system???

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the code wasn’t anywhere in the system. They did a update to the car and ever since then it has been like this.

is the light on at this time??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It turns off when I shut the car off. But when I was just out they all came on out of no where

ok, then there is a code stored in the system.

if there are no codes stored, it may be the module not working but that needs to be determined.

if this all started when they updated the ABS software, it may be ab issue from there downloading of the update program.

I would start by going to a parts store and have them check for any codes in the ABS system.

the lights will go out when you turn it off, that is normal.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I will have to do that then. Is this very common? Like when I bought the car this wasn’t a problem, only after the dealership did the update this started to happen. It kinda scared me free first time seeing this. But anyways after I get the codes checked if I need a part replaced it should reset the whole system right?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also how much roughly would a new module be if that’s worst case?

ok

you could first check with the dealer and ask them to re install the update as you have all these issues right after there update.

yes, if it needs a part, you can replace it after it is determined the failure. once you repair it and it is correct, the system clears itself. the system checks itself everytime you start it. no need to clear it. it will clear on its own once it sees no faults.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I will definitely go get everything re-checked to be sure. Thank you so much

your welcome

thank you

Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest