Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Wont start. I paid for advice last week it did not work.

Customer Question
Yes i paid for...

Yes i paid for advice last week it did not work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2008 range rover sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was told by your mechanic its 99% the battery it was not. yes im fixing myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this goin to cost me

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
3/22/2018
Auto Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 4 months ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

No I have not
Auto Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 4 months ago

OK,I will try to help First click on link to view the pdf file showing you our starting circuit ?let me know if you can view it , the starter control is ecm controlled in 08 model ,do you have test light ?can you check fuses ,have you tried starting in neutral not in park, tell me if it starts ?lets start here and we go from there

Auto Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 4 months ago

N​ow with all that said , there TSB bulletin on the starter itself , please click on link to view the TSB bulletin on starter replacement bulletin on that model, make sure battery and fuses are good and then go to starter ,if you have power on it and it is not turning ,then it is bad a replace it ,

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.