Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

02 diamante 3.5 engine. Changed timing belt. Now when I turn…

Customer Question
02 diamante 3.5 engine...

02 diamante 3.5 engine. Changed timing belt. Now when I turn crank by hand. It stops about at the 8 o'clock position. Cam marks was lined up. So I don't know.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

150 on old belt. I've done this on my VW. First time on this car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Diamante yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've removed the belts reset timing marks and still hits right at the same point.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Auto Mechanic: Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech replied 3 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Does the engine stop suddenly or does it just get hard to continue turning it over?

Are you there

YES, I am waiting for your reply.

My question is this..

I'm turning it by hand. It stops at only about 8 o'clock. Not even a full turn

Are you able to send me some pictures of the timing belt and marks?

Its night here. In the morning I can

Ok, that would be great. If you would be willing to speak on the phone, just let me know as that will help too.

Talk soon.

I will call you tomorrow morning. What's the best time

morning time 8 AM to 10 AM eastern time

.