Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Was this problem ever fixed...The 2000 Rodeo I am working on…

Customer Question
Was this problem ever fixed...The...
Was this problem ever fixed...The 2000 Rodeo I am working on has the same problem....With the ignition on I can press the gas pedal down all the way and get 82%.....As I am holding the pedal I can watch it slowly drop to 42 %
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Car
I have replace the pedal sensor
At idle the APS is at 0%
You helped another person with this same vehicle, and problem on 3/17/2013
Also the TPS has been replaced
2000 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2L
3/22/2018
Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 5 months ago
eric remington

d​o you have a scanner with live data screen? what does tps read right now can you read it and then press half way the report reading then all way down, record reading and report

Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 5 months ago

I​f the readings are the same again, the exact same as before, we will need to perform some circuit testing at my lead ...do you have a multimeter?

I have a snap on scanner & multimeter.......There is some adjusting setting on the gas pedal sensor that I just set ....now with the ignition on motor not running the TP will go to 99.6% without dropping to 42% and going into limp mode.......with the gas pedal at idle the TP is 0%.....with the motor running at idle the rpms are at 732rpm.....But when I put it in reverse, or drive the motor stalls out.
There must be a proper procedure to adjust the APS....there is not allot of adjustment eather way so I just centered it out
Centering the APS adjustment to center is it.....any adjustment either way with drop it to 42% and put it in limp mode....but the idle with or without the motor running is 0%
Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 5 months ago

so you got it? or still need help? you have it in center position and its ok? I'm trying to unerstand

The center position fixed that problem, but rpm is low at idle and will stall going into gear.....and is hard starting
The center position fixed that problem, but rpm is low at idle and will stall going into gear.....and is hard starting....pulling codes p1275, p1280, p1125
Also do you have the specs on what fuel pressure should be
Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 5 months ago

Since we have multiple concerns a phone call will be necessary