Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My rear hatch door lack will not function I have had the…

My rear hatch door...

My rear hatch door lack will not function I have had the lock actuator replaced, checked fuses, and replaced the touch pad. Is there any way to just convert it to a keyed lock?

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes I checked both. My mechanic worked on it for three hours installing new parts(he was nice enough not to charge me any labor because he did not fix it).

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2004 Infiniti FX35

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your FX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

My mechanic installed a new lock mechanism and the touch pad.

3/21/2018
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

give this info to your tech he should be able to diagnose it properly now.

Lou

The Body Control Module (BCM) outputs a 12 volt reference to the back door opener switch and looks for that reference voltage to get grounded and drop to 0 volts. When the BCM detects the switch was depressed, it will then output voltage to the back door opener relay on the Green/Blue wire at pin 68. Check for a 12 volt reference at the back door opener switch Green/Orange wire and a ground on the Black wire. Jumper the Green/Orange wire to the Black wire momentarily and see if the door opens, if so the back door opener switch may be faulty.

If there is no reference voltage on the Green/Orange wire at the back door opener switch, test voltage on the Green wire at pin 30 of the BCM to determine if the BCM is outputting a reference voltage, if it is, backprobe the terminal and momentarily ground it and see if the back door opens. If the back door opens when terminal 30 of the BCM is momentarily grounded, the BCM and back door opener relay are functioning normally and the problem may be in the passenger's front door lock actuator unlock sensor. To test the unlock sensor, check for a 12 volt reference on the Green wire that comes from pin 30 of the BCM and then check for 12 volt reference on the Green/White wire with the unlock sensor plugged in and the door in the unlocked position. If there is voltage on one side of the sensor and not on the other, the unlock sensor is faulty. Bypass the unlock sensor by jumping the Green wire to the Green/White and then test operation of the back door opener.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. The drivers door lock is not functioning with the exception of with a key(its hard to unlock even with a key) , so that may be the problem. Where is the BCM located and how do you create a by pass? Do you cut wires or can you purchase a bypass at a auto parts store? I do not care if I have to use the key for the door , we just need to be able to use the hatch for a business we have.
Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician