Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My cleaning windshield stopped. The water and the moviment…

My cleaning windshield stopped...

My cleaning windshield stopped. The water and the moviment stopped but the the wipers are working propoerly when put in any other position (with and w/o the sensor activated. Is it possible to be a fuse? If yes, could help me in show me the right position in the fuse box? My car is an E90 335i M, 2007. Thanks for your help.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes, I already checked. Has one but is so confuse when I see the diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

E90, model 335i M, year 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 335i yourself? What have you tried so far?

I only check if the bumb is blocked (it is not blocked; I checked if have water (liquid) and yes, have a liquid and I tryed find the correct fuse position to check if is it OK but I can´t found in the diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not, only about the if could be possible a fuse issue or about the fuse diagram to check it

3/21/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

The fuse for it is fuse # F108 A 250 AMP FUSE AND WE HAVE A RELAY FOR IT

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW WIRING CIRCUIT FOR WASHER / WIPER AND THE FUSE AND RELAY LOCATION

I HAVE HIGHLIGHTED THEM FOR YOU IN YELLOW COLOR ,LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN VIEW IT AND WE CONTINUE ?

DO YOU HAVE A TEST LIGHT ?

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

THE FUSE LOCATION IS IN THE REAR FUSE HOLDER ,RIGHT SIDE OF REAR COMPARTMENT

2007 BMW 335i Sedan (E90)

L6-3.0L Turbo (N54)

Wash and Wipe System and Headlight Cleaning System

• Vehicle
  • Wiper and Washer Systems
  • Description and Operation
  • Components
  • Wash and Wipe System and Headlight Cleaning System

Wash And Wipe System And Headlight Cleaning System

Operating principle
The windscreen wipers, the windscreen washer pump and the pump for the headlight cleaning system are controlled by the Junction Box Electronics (JBE) control unit.
The wash/wipe switch is connected to the steering column switch cluster (SZL). The switch statuses are sent via F-CAN to the DSC control unit and from the DSC control unit via PT-CAN to the JBE control unit.
In the automatic mode, the rain-driving light-sensor (RLS) registers the rain intensity. It sends the data on the LIN bus to the roof function centre (FZD). The FZD then sends the rain intensity on the K-CAN to the JBE.
To prevent the washer jets of the car wash from freezing, there is a washer jet heating. The JBE controls this heater depending on the ambient temperature. The JBE receives the ambient temperature from the instrument panel across the K-CAN. The washer jet heating is activated together with the heater for the exterior mirrors.

Relays in the power distribution box
The following relays for the wash and wipe system are installed in the front power distribution box:
- Wiper relays K36 (can be replaced individually)
- Changeover relays, wiper stage 1/2 K37 (cannot be replaced individually)
- Relays for rear wiper K91 (can be replaced individually)
- Relays for headlight cleaning system K6 (can be replaced individually up to production date 03/07)

WASHER SYSTEM DESCRIPTION

and check Fuse F-43 a 30 amp and the wiper relay is located in the passenger side fuse box behind glove box

if the fuses and relay checks out , then You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already check the faults and it not showed or registered any fault in this part. I will try to see the fuses before check the relay. Could you send to me the diagram highlighting the washer pump fuse and the color. The AMP is 30, is it right? If possible, show me the places where are the spare fuses in order to use it to try test the water pump. Thanks

YES SIR , CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW THE FILE ,I HAVE HIGHLIGHTED THEM IN YELLOW

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

CORRECT 30 AMP , FUSE F43

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. As my previous questions, could send to me the diagram with the washer fuse 30 amp position (position 84, right) in a diff color and please, wher I can find the spare fuses in the fuse box. Wich color is the 20 amp fuse?
Thanks Chad

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/jhook1398/0d998cb7-4009-4db1-ad04-3bd7a7feeedc_989898.pdf

I did send it to you :) twice

but here it is again

,please click on the blue link link to open the file to view ,

1-The spare fuse will be on the TOWARDS END OF FUSE BOX AND WILL BE LABELED SPARE , WHERE THEY ARE INSERTED THERE IS NO PINS ,NOW THAT IF THERE IS ANY NOT ALL HAVE THEM ,if not go to local store and get some

2- UNFORTUNATELY MY EDITING SYSTEM ONLY CAN HIGHLIGHT IN YELLOW ,IF DID DIFFERENT COLOR I WOULD , BUT IT IS HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW AND WILL BE FUSE F43 A 30 AMP FUSE .

LOCATED IN THE PASSENGER SIDE FUSE BOX BEHIND GLOVE BOX

please let me know if you can not view it, it is a simple pdf file , you click on the blue link it will open and show you the wiring diagram for it and fuses as requested

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe that I was not clear; I ask you the fuse box diagram not the washer system and in this diagram, where is the washer pump fuse. In my car, it is seen like 84 position, 30 amp. Could you confirm it?

click on link to view Fuse box location and fuse F43 for washer pump , that is the best picture i have for it

Usually the label in the car on the cover should be clearer , but that is what listed from Factory in my manuals if that helps

Sorry There is no way for me to find position if 84 or not in that box ,u have to look at label , but 100% it is a 30 AMP fuse

and it is fuse F43

The F43 in the diagram has black line pointing to location of it ,in the picture i sent you , try to match it to your box

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat