Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My Maserati Quattroporte 2009 a clicking full injectors

noise how can I reduce...
My Maserati Quattroporte 2009 a clicking full injectors noise how can I reduce and insulate it???
3/21/2018
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

the Ferrai F136 Y engine used in your Maserati was Ferrari's 1st direct injection engine and like a lot of early GDi they can be quite noisy, especially from cold

later models have a different fuel rail and pump designs that alleviate this

I'd say the safest option is to make up some insulation and some guards to go over the top if the noise bothers you that much

it would also be worth trying some fuel injection lubricant like

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/352086698124?chn=ps&dispItem=1&adgroupid=53506753673&rlsatarget=pla-414494184897&abcId=1133956&adtype=pla&merchantid=7429794&poi=&googleloc=1006672&device=c&campaignid=1058853793&crdt=0

as well as trying a couple of tanks of premium fuel too

as for noise reduction try here for materials

https://www.asap-supplies.com/soundproofing/fire-protection-sheets

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Thank you so much , so the link for insulation can you send me a picture of item number?
Thanks again

No problem

Part No. 801124, please note you would cut to size required

to get the best results you would make a thing metal 'shell' to cover the fuel rails and line the inside of the shell with this fire retardant insulation

55357;���

Hello

do you need more help ?

No I’m good thank you

Glad to help

if you wouldn't mind rating then that would be appreciated

Matt, Engineer