Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Need some help on a 2011 sierra with the 5.3 customer came…

Need some help on a...
Need some help on a 2011 sierra with the 5.3 customer came in with no AC code in memory is B3933. I don’t know where the air conditioning evaporator temperature sensor lives do some testing. Would like a little help please
3/20/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The evaporator Temp sensor is located in the ACevaporatorr and its the most common cause for the code B3933 to set as well. See the location in the link below. You will need to remove the evaporator housing and the evaporator to replace it. See the steps in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/23qi9edxvdqhi4k/EVAP%20temp%20sen%20Mar%2020.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/thzawv5n2hm8mci/EVAP%20Mar%2020.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcww7j87u34wrj8/plenum%20Mar%2020.pdf?dl=0

I ordered one from the dealer and plugged it in and still have the same code I need a testing procedure of some kind to troubleshoot this. What would be your next move

Do you have the automatic system or the manual system?

Automatic

Okay thank you for that information, see the Pinpoint test steps in the link below. If you need the system wiring diagram let me know and I can get them for you as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zgx5v2omptfredd/B3933%20Mar%2020.pdf?dl=0

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Problem was in the controls customer had already replaced it but it was faulty out of the box thanks for your help