Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My ac/heat does not work on my 2005 Maserati GS. I have

Customer Question
My ac/heat does not...

My ac/heat does not work on my 2005 Maserati GS. I have replaced the mirror air sensor and the control unit, tested the compressor/condenser and fan as well as the wiring from the air sensor to the control unit, all check good. I have also done the ac restart but it still doesn't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

The sensor is new as well as the control unit. I'm trying to find out why the ac doesn't work The trouble code says the sensor but it is new and it's the second one I have put in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm fixing it myself and I have describer what i have done at the start of this conversation.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 day by:
3/22/2018
Auto Mechanic: Don, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Don
Don, ASE Certified Technician

hi there my name is don i will try to help you on this

i will be asking a few question you will not be charged for this portion

you mentioned a restart do you mean a reset like this

did you reset this way which is to hold down both econ and re-circ buttons until the display on the dash flashes. It'll then produce a code which may, or may not be useful.?

Don

I did the reset but the buttons lights never lit up to flash.

Hi there thanks for that great information

then i am sorry to say that if the reset both don't work and all fuses and relays are working it may be the HVAC unit itself. sorry

Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you

have a great day Don

If you have any follow up questions , please do not hesitate to ask ,

If finished, please take a moment to rate my service,

It has been my pleasure to assist you

Please

thanks Don