Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2001 Chrysler pt cruiser has engine light on with codes p…

2001 Chrysler pt cruiser...

2001 Chrysler pt cruiser has engine light on with codes p 0700 and p 0740. I cant afford a garage so I will have to fix it myself or walk. What can I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

I took it to autozone and they scanned

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

It hasn't stalled and is running great except for a miss now and then I have installed a used TCM which may or may not be good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that I am desperate

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Here’s the sequence of events I follow:
Check fluid level and color. Make appropriate repairs.
Check shift solenoids with a scan tool in bidirectional mode if
applicable. Shift solenoids are inside the transmission and
this is the easiest way to check them.
Drop pan and inspect for excessive metal shavings inside
pan. Check valve body and clutches visually.
Hopefully you may not have to go this far, maybe you just
were a bit low on fluid.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Very good onfo. How do i pay?

You're welcome, thank you and just go ahead and rate me 5 stars at the top of your page.

Keep this link too in case you have any more questions later on.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Phone call session started

Thanks for the call.