Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I just installed a new SBC 350 crate motor in my car. The…

Good morning: Mechanic's Assistant:...

Good morning:

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

I just installed a new SBC 350 crate motor in my car. The old motor was pulling 18" vacuum in the manifold at idle. the new engine is only pulling about 10 / 11 " vacuum, due to a mild cam. The engine runs fine, but my question is; Do I need to change the PCV valve.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

It's a brand new 350 crate motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I do all the work, but my questions is; Do I need to change the PCV valve, due to a drop in manifold vacuum

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this point, thanks

3/20/2018
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Yes, you'll need to change it. For this application I would suggest this one or this one which just has a fixed orifice vs the check valve and spring.

My goal is to provide 5 star service. Rating/accepting does not cost extra and ensures I'm credited for my time and knowledge. It also does not close your question if you have a follow up concerning this. Thank you for using Just Answer!

Ok, thank you for your time. steve

You're welcome, it's been my pleasure to assist you.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician