Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My clutch feel like its done the car is pulling slow and it…

My clutch feel like...

My clutch feel like its done the car is pulling slow and it seems to take alot of oil and there is no leakage of it on the floor

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Tata indica vista 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Very difficult to trust the mechinics as there always seem to be more problems and expenses. it needs to be serviced

3/20/2018
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Do you have any excess smoke from the exhaust at all with this issue here?

Is the engine revving up at a high rpm when trying to drive it but the vehicle is not moving?

Let me know,thanks Pete

a little bit of smoke not a lot. It"s difficult to pull away in any gear until it seems to settle while driving but the moment we get to a stop street and have to go again it looks like it labours abit
sorry that was my last money I send to ask questions.

Has the check engine light or any other warning light come on with this issue here or have the fault codes been checked at all?

no lights went on.

O.k.,this doesnt sound like the clutch is the issue here.It sounds like a fault with a component like low fuel pressure due to a restricted fuel filter or weak fuel pump or an issue with a component in the exhaust being restricted like the catalytic converter or exhaust filter.

The fuel system needs to be tested to see if the pump or filter need replaced.If the fuel system is found to be o.k. then the exhaust needs to be tested to see if a restriction is found.Usually you dont want to see more then 1.5 psi of back pressure.If you do this can indicate a restricted component in the exhaust needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

The exhaust was replaced last here and I can hardly get the clutch in position. I put in 3 bottles of oil every week and dont know where its going to. Do you think it just needs a service and everything will be okay/

If you have to add that much oil each week and there is no visual leaks found you may have a leaking cylinder head gasket to where the oil is seeping past the gasket internally into the coolant or into the cylinders causing this fault.It may also be an oil cooler leak or leaking valve seals or piston oil rings or even the engine ventilation system like the PCV system at fault.

This would need to be checked into further to then locate which is the cause and repaired to resolve this fault.It would be best to have this looked into further to see which is the cause then repaired from there.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
Okay will let you know what happen. thanks for your help.

Your welcome